Thursday, August 1, 2019

Getting To Know...Ellen!


Get to know a FCPC staffer each month 
This month we are getting to know...
Ellen!
 

Name: Ellen
Nickname(s): El, El-Bell, Smellen, El-Train, Onion
Family members: I come from a large family. I have 4 biological sisters, a step-brother and step-sister, and they live all over the southern US! My dad & his wife live with my oldest sister in Mississippi, and my mom & her husband live in the Hermitage area. I am also close with my Aunt (my mom’s twin) who lives in Prospect, PA.
Pets: Many of you have met Ziggy, my sweet and scruffy recue dog. He’s an Airedale Terrier mix with a great “dogstache.”
Favorite color: red
Title: Associate Pastor for Membership & Mission
What your job entails: So many different things that I love to do—preaching, teaching, leading worship, organizing mission opportunities, and more –but mostly, my job entails building relationships and getting to know how I can help the members of our church and community share their God-given gifts and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Hire date: July 8, 2016. Installed October 2, 2017

 
The amazing Ziggy!!
µ If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be? Carpentry.

µ What’s a trip that changed you, and why? Nepal, 2013 as part of the Summer Service for New Wilmington Mission Conference. It was amazing to see how God is at work and the church is growing in a country that is only 5% Christian.

µ What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from? When I was in my mid-20s, a wise woman at my church said to me, “Ellen, when you use the word ‘should,’ you are putting other people’s expectations first. Stop using that word and stop letting others’ expectations make decisions for you.”

µ What trend do you hope makes a comeback? Banana clips. Wore them all the time in 6th and 7th grade.

µ What’s one hobby you’d love to get into? I really do want to get back into knitting so I can contribute to the prayer shawl ministry.

µ What’s one song you have completely memorized? Not just one song…the entire soundtrack of the movie The Sound of Music.

µ What’s your favorite place to eat around here? Pub 333 in Oakmont


           

No comments:

Post a Comment