Sunday, September 1, 2019

Getting To Know...

In our "Getting To Know You" series we are getting to know a FCPC staffer each month!

In September we are getting to know...
Ryan!
Ryan & Rachel!
Name: Ryan Lancia
Family Members: Wife – Rachel
Pets: Cat – Toothless (like the dragon)   Dog – Buster
Favorite Color: I don’t know, blue? Red?
Title: Director of Student Ministries
Job Entails: I lead, steward, and develop ministries and students involving middle school, high school, and college age students.
Hire Date: August 2017

µ If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?   I would become an expert at learning new skills so I could eventually become an expert at anything I wanted.

µ If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why? Boy Meets World (if the copy right isn’t an issue). That show is awesome, but the title also is applicable to almost anyone’s life story.

µ What do you do to turn things around when you’re having a bad day? Sleep, enjoy the outdoors with my wife and dog, or binge watch the office, 30 Rock, or friends.

µ What energizes you outside of work? Sleep tends to give me energy… But for real, hanging out with friends and family.

µ What’s a trip that changed you, and why? A mission trip to Nicaragua. I experienced God in an entirely new way than I ever had before. When you get out of the states your view of God tends to expand.

µ What’s one of your favorite memories from the past year? Going to Hawaii with Rachel will always have a special place in my heart. The relaxed nature of the island life mixed with the natural beauty that is everywhere really does make a paradise.

µ What’s something—big or small—that you’re really good at? It’s random, but I am good at doing that cookie face game as featured on Minute to Win It. Also accents.

µ What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from? You can only control yourself and your reactions, so don’t let other people and their reactions (which you cannot control) dictate your life. I have no clue who this was from haha.

µ What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? When my hair is the right length I have been told I look similar to Liam Hemsworth. I have always wished I was Australian.
Can you see the resemblance?
µ When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A cop or an actor

µ Who would play you in a movie about your life? One of three people, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, or Liam Hemsworth.

µ If you could choose a name for yourself, what would it be? Ryan means “little king” so I am not sure I can do much better than that.

µ If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? Super Strength

µ What trend do you hope makes a comeback? 100% Mullets.

µ What’s one item you can’t leave your home without? Pants, that would be embarrassing to leave home without them.

µ What’s one item you want to own that you don’t? A robot butler sounds pretty awesome.

µ What’s one song you have completely memorized? The song that never ends.

µ What’s the top destination on your must-visit list? Italy. BTW going there in August! So next on the list would be either Australia or the moon.

µ What’s your favorite place to eat around here? Burgatory. Must have the burgers, chips, and a shake. Food heaven on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment