Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Getting To Know...

In our "Getting To Know You" series we are getting to know a FCPC staffer each month!

In October we are getting to know Nici!

Name: Nici
Nickname: Nici lol, Nixster.  Nic for those who are into the whole brevity thing
Family members: Tom (husband)
Pets: cats-Patches O’Houlihan, Lebowski, Richard Pryor
Favorite color: Purple!
Title: Administrative Assistant for Communications
Hire date: 8.01.2018

What you job entails: All kinds of stuff!  In a nutshell I make the worship service bulletins and liturgist guides, as well as recruit and schedule worship service volunteers.  I also assist Pastor Ellen with stuff for the Membership Committee and the Missions Committee. In addition I do a lot of the communications such as making posters and flyers, and handling the social media.  And of course anything my boss, Penny, asks me to do : )
Tom gracious as always allowing me to take a million pics whilst on our travels.
This one is from Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Patches O’Houlihan
"The boys" as they are collectively called:

Richard Pryor

Lebowski

µ What energizes you outside of work?  Hanging out with Tom & the cats, helping others, travel, crafting, and knitting!

µ What’s a trip that changed you, and why?  In my mid-twenties I went to Los Angeles, California for two weeks.  I totally fell in love with the city (weather!), and upon returning home to Pittsburgh I gave my landlord and employer 30 days notices.  I spent five days driving my three cats and I across the country visiting friends along the way.  The road trip was first of many I have since taken.  I just love to visit and meet people from other cities.  It reminds me we are all the same.  One of my goals is to visit all 50 states.  I have about seventeen to go!

µ What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?  I have six college degrees.

µ What’s something you’ve done, but will never do again? Eat asparagus-yuck! lol

µ What’s something—big or small—that you’re really good at?  Finding stuff on the internet lol  I am a persistent researcher, and can pretty much find anything...or anyone lol  I would have made an excellent detective : )

µ What’s the best advice you were ever given? Who was it from?  That what other people think about me is none of my business.  I do not even know who said it to me but it has stuck with me.  People form all kinds of opinions about others that are often completely inaccurate and not even based in fact.  I do not need to spend my time worrying about what random people think I should or should not be doing.

µ When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Race car driver

µ What three words would your friends use to describe you?  Unique, happy, and probably loud lol

µ Who would play you in a movie about your life? Janeane Garofalo; I love her wit.

µ What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?  Depending on the weather we like to go to community festivals and for rides on our Harley Davidson.  However, at some point during the weekend you can find me knitting!

µ If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?  Reading other people’s minds because it seems like people expect me to do that already : )

µ If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Pizza! 

µ What’s one hobby you’d love to get into?  Learn the bass guitar.  I wanted to learn drums in band and my parents wanted me to play the flute, so we compromised with the clarinet.  I think I was swindled : )

µ What’s one item you can’t leave your home without?  Lip balm!  I am like seriously addicted.

µ What’s one item you want to own that you don’t?  1972 Chevelle

µ What’s one song you have completely memorized?  Tons-I love music; however, whenever Footloose comes on the radio Tom knows that all conversation will cease for the next few minutes, I will crank up the radio full blast and sing along lol

µ What’s the top destination on your must-visit list?  I know it is kind of conventional; however, for some reason I am drawn to Paris.  Maybe it is all the twinkling lights : )

µ What’s your favorite place to eat around here?  Fiori’s Pizza in Dormont


Feel free to email Nici or stop by her office to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment