Thursday, March 5, 2020

Getting To Know You!

In our "Getting To Know You" series we are getting to know a FCPC staffer each month!
In March we are getting to know...
Chet!

Name: Chet Karas
Nickname: none
Family members: Brenda, Chris/Darcy, Andrew/Katie
Pets: none
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite flavor: Peanut Butter
Hire date: October of 2016
Title: Welcome Monitor
What your job entails: Greeting families for the Preschool and welcoming visitors to the Church. Teaching the kids how to give high fives!


µ  What energizes you outside of work?
The smiles of the Preschool kids and interacting with them.
 
µ  What’s a trip that changed you, and why?
2 mission trips to New Orleans. The first because of the fun and moving experiences. The second one because that’s how I met Brenda!!
 
µ  What’s one of your favorite memories from the past year?
Being on Omaha Beach in Normandy where my Uncle Stanley landed on D-Day.

Me and my family at Omaha Beach.

µ  What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
I grew up in Newark, NJ and attended Seton Hall Prep for two years, before my family moved to Pennsylvania.
 
µ  What’s something you’ve done, but will never do again?
Parasailing in Cancun, Mexico.
  
µ  What’s one item you can’t leave your home without?
My cell phone (unfortunately)

µ  What’s one song you have completely memorized?
I’ve Got You Under My Skin 

µ  What’s your favorite place to eat around here?
The Original Hot Dog Shop in Oakland!





No comments:

Post a Comment